
I recently participated in SARC's Ultimate Loser Competition. It was an 8 week program of intense work outs and eating 1200 calories a day. BUT, I am proud to report that after losing 25 lbs -- 16.36% and 17.25 inches I took top female and 2nd overall. My team also won. For winning top female, I won a year membership and for my team winning, I won 200 dollars cash....not bad eh? I was able to sell my membership for 475 so I made 600 bucks doing the thing...I paid 75 to do it. It was definitely worth it and I already miss it...believe it or not.I learned a lot about eating and I feel better than I have in a really long time. I just can't tell you how good my body has felt because I have been putting the right food in it. It is SO worth the extra money to buy healthy food! It makes a huge difference! It is like my body is saying, "Thank you" and in return making me feel great!
I also have hiked the wind caves (a few times), hiked to the rock quarry from 2nd dam and from Malibu campground down to Stokes Nature Center (quite a bit), ran the stadium stairs (every week of the competition), ran the spectrum stairs, hiked green canyon, conquered the Dew hill, played at Old Main, ran the Bonneville Shoreline and my biggest accomplishment....ran a triathlon.
My trainer, Felice was AMAZING! We were only in the gym once a week, for spin...and the rest of the week we were hiking or trail running. I now LOVE working out outside and dread the days I have to go to the gym. Felice was a Nazi when it came to our food but it was what really helped me lose the weight. I will always be grateful for what she has taught me. Not only for me, but for my family. Thanks Felice (mean mom)!!!
Thanks to my team for being AWESOME!!! We were all girls and the smallest team AND still won (by a long ways!!)
The 8 weeks were hard and I almost killed myself the last week but it was so worth it and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to eat right and feel great! **Just make sure Felice is your trainer!!**
Also, thanks to Dave for supporting me through it all. He was on a diet by default!
1 comment:
congrats on getting into shape! seriously that is so awesome... you look great, and more importantly, probably feel SO GREAT!!! way to go! and props to dave for doing it with you :)
when are you guys moving?
Post a Comment