Saturday, September 6, 2008

WE DID IT!!! WE RAN A 5K!


So, anybody you really knows me knows that I absolutely hate running when not accompanied with a sport. Well, since I don't have Coach Dryden requiring me to make it to team runs and workouts at 6 in the morning and practices and games in the afternoons, I have had to find my own way to motivate myself to exercise. I have exercised regularly since I found out I was pregnant with Cole. Funny as it may sound, I have been taking step and body sculpting classes. Once again, anybody who really knows me knows that me and choreography do not mix. Well, the MSA put on a family 5K this morning and Dave and I decided we would do it. I thought that since I do cardio step classes I would do alright running a 5K without any running before hand. The beginning and the end were a little rough for me but I MADE IT! I ran the whole way. I was pretty proud of myself. I have never run that far because I chose too. Poor Dave had to push the "limo" (our double stroller) the whole time so he gets extra points. He has never done an actual 5K either so he was proud of himself too. He could probably run forever though if he wanted to. I did slow him down but he said he wanted to stay with me. How sweet! Kaylee had to keep looking back at me to make sure I was alright and Cole took a little nap. It was actually pretty fun. Now we are thinking of putting together a marathon relay team for the Top of Utah Marathon....that might be getting a bit carried away though~ Go Team Eskelson! WE MADE IT!

4 comments:

Aly said...

Yea! I do know how rough that is for you. I totally feel your pain! Having to learn to exercise without actually playing a sport is killer. But congrats! Coach would be so proud.

KT said...

Congrats! That's so fun that you ran the race as a family.

Alicia Steere said...

WOW, good for you! I have never been a runner, but after having Keenan it makes me a little more motivated! :)

Emili said...

Congrats!! That is something I don't think I will ever do. Running is like work, but I am amazed by those who can!!

Read This Too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...