I have had a few of you ask me how I lost weight. Well, I wish I could tell you that I found some super secret fast, easy way to do it but I didn't. I looked for the easy way for too long and finally decided I had to do it the hard way. When I found out that I was pregnant with Cole I knew I had to gain control of myself or I was going to gain more weight. So, I made the sacrifice to get a gym membership and started working out. I know that working out through my entire pregnancy helped with EVERYTHING! My labor was so easy and fast and I didn't gain near as much weight as I did with Kaylee (I also didn't have toxemia with Cole). After I had him I waited 4 weeks and then it was time to be committed to losing weight. I had to find a set time to go to the gym everyday and I had to make myself go no matter how much I didn't want to go. It was hard taking 2 kids with me but I had to do it. I also had a hard time working out on my own...running on a treadmill for an hour is NOT fun and it is boring so I chose a gym that has classes. This was a life savor! I learned how to do step and now can go to the hardest classes and it is fun and the hour goes by so fast. So I get an hour of cardio that is FUN. After Dave was layed off I started going to the gym twice a day. So, now I do some kind of toning/body sculpting/pilates everyday along with an hour of cardio everyday. I go for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. For example, Tuesday am I go to a spinning class and then in the afternoon I go to a body sculpting class. Friday I got to pilates in the am and step challenge in the afternoon. It was hard at first but now it is just part of my day and I get upset if I don't get to go.
Now, the hardest part for me....Eating. I have had to learn that I can eat whatever I want...I just need to watch how much of it I eat. I make sure I eat breakfast and then I make my lunch my big meal of the day. If there is a treat that I want for the day, I'll eat it with lunch so that I can work it off the rest of the day. (I don't know if that is really how it works but it has worked for me) For dinner I try to eat really really light and then I don't eat after 7 unless I am starving. If I am starving I will eat something little and I try to make it healthy.
It has taken me almost 6 months to lose the 30 lbs. At first I lost 2 lbs a week consistently. The last 10 has taken me since the end of Sept. I have 10 more to go to reach my goal and it isn't going fast at all. For me, it just came time to put the time and effort into it. I had to take it a day at a time and it is something I have to work on every single day. I ask myself (if I really want to eat just to eat something) am I really going to want to eat that this much tomorrow? :-) Of course the answer is no.
Even though it has been slow....6 months later I have lost a lot of weight and I am so much happier and healthier. It has been worth it. I hope this has helped you out a little bit for those of you who have asked. Sorry I don't have the super secret trick to losing weight! :-) If you find it let me know!!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am wanting to start to get more exercise in my daily routine as well. With the two kids I am not sure how to make it work, but thanks for your inspiration!!! Hopefully I will be able to accomplish my goal too! :)
That is so great, Jenna. I am so impressed. I go to the gym, but I don't think I am as determined and focused as I need to be. But I am determined now! That is good that you did it the right way by changing habits, because now the weight will stay off. Good job!
Slow weight loss is permanent weight loss. You have worked hard and your the inspiration behind my weight loss. I wish I could work out at the gym with you, that would be so fun!
Post a Comment