Dave had his 3rd knee surgery in 5 years on December 28, '09. He tore his ACL and meniscus playing intramural flag football on the PT team. Dave had surgery on this knee 5 years ago-Sept. '04, his left knee November '07, and re did his right knee in Sept. '09. I told his dad that I wanted a refund. His dad told me there was no cash for clunkers on Dave....so, I'm stuck with him and his bad knees :-)
We decided to have the surgery done while we were home for the holidays because we wanted Keith Nielsen to do the surgery. Recovery has been kind of rough for him this time around. They had to undo everything that was done before and then fix the current problem. They did a lot of digging around and filling in holes, etc. He has hurt more this time. Traveling hasn't helped because he hasn't been able to have his leg up. Hopefully now that he is home he can keep it up and ice it more. We are also hoping that since he is going to Physical Therapy school that he can get some good, free, physical therapy from professors and students.
Dave is now not allowed to play any sports without both braces on....so says his wife! Hopefully the next 5 years will be knee surgery free!
3 comments:
Ouch!!!! That looks so painful. I hope the recovery goes quickly and I also wish you the next five years free from knee surgery. Good luck.
I think you are a good wife to let him play sports at all!
Get well soon Dave!
Post a Comment